BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Ash Book Launch In S.F
I recently attended the Ash book launch @LGBT Center in S.F, Ca.



Books Inc. did a fabulous job organizing this event, the refreshment table
had a nice assortment of yummy things..


Melinda briefly spoke of the obstacles she had to overcome
while writing this book, and how long it actually took to complete.
Her bubbly personality, and great sense of humor had the crowd eating
out of the palm of her hand.
When she felt the crowd had had enough she began to read
her chosen excerpt from the book, and from what I heard it was amazing!


At the beginning of the evening we entered our names in a drawing to win
some great ARC's by other YA authors, which
coincidentally
also tackled some controversial topics.
I am sad to report neither me nor my friend won. Boo!



Finally it was time to get autographed!
All in all this was a very successful launch, Books Inc. did an excellent job.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for sharing you pictures with us. I wish I could have been there and vow to attend her next book signing.

Misty said...

Jealous.